Outdoor play is very important to child development. Our one acre lot provides a sledding hill in the winter and room to explore.
Doing yoga with children has many potential benefits:
– Builds balance and coordination
– Improves overall body awareness
– Develops concentration and focus
– Releases tension
– Promotes emotional awareness and ability to manage emotions
– Encourages calmness
– Teaches students to respond, rather than react
– Promotes self control
– Boosts confidence
– Teaches self respect and respect of others
– Enhances learning readiness
– Encourages self-discipline
Children have a natural tendency to enjoy observing and thinking about nature. Young children are motivated to explore the world around them, and early science experiences can capitalize on this. Quality science learning experiences provide a solid foundation for learning abstract science concepts later in school.
Our school is has beautiful natural surrounds including our display gardens, the child maintained garden, large open playground, rolling hills, and farmer fields. Children have many opportunities to encounter nature.
We are so blessed to have a hill on our playground that is just the right size for sledding with preschoolers!